For one of our Clients we are currently looking for BI Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Work with cross functional stakeholders and project teams to understand the business needs, create user stories and agree solution approach.
- Design and build visualisations to help analytical teams deliver complex outputs (including for mobile devices), applying best practice methods and data optimisation techniques.
- Delivery of agreed outputs in a timely manner, including responding to change requests in open-minded fashion.
- Act as an expert resource who helps empower business users to use visualisation reporting tools.
- Understand data sources and model data from multiple sources, creating robust pipelines where required.
- Update data dictionaries for datasets and dataflows utilising common definitions, formatting and naming convention.
- Maintain existing ETL processes and dashboard, troubleshoot issues and manage IT resolution where required.
- Extend existing data warehouses to meet emerging requirements.
Purpose of the role is to design, develop and maintain systems used to collect and analyse Business Intelligence data. The role includes development of dashboards and databases in line with business requirements.
What is important?
- practical knowledge of Azure databricks and Azure devops
- online management service
- Partitioning/ Data Aggregations
- Power BI refreshes
- DAX/ Tabular Editor/ ALM
- Proven experience (minimum 1 year) in developing Power BI data models, visualisations and KPI scorecards
- Competent SQL skills with a good understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Strong data analysis and Excel skills
- Translating business requirements into functional designs
- Stakeholder management skills
- A result-orientated mindset with an eye for detail and a passion for reporting & data analytics
- Experience of delivering in an agile framework is desirable
- Confident and concise communication skills
- Good communications skills in English (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge/experience of Power BI, DAX, M, SQL and experience of implementing row level security (RLS)
- Knowledge/experience of Power Automate
- Knowledge/experience of Python
- Experience of developing and refining data warehouses on cloud systems (Databricks, Google Big Query)
- Experience developing, deploying and trouble-shooting data applications in Microsoft Azure.